Wednesday, March 6, 2019

the exploding Blue Heron... a metaphor


I went for a walk at Tahuna Torea, a bird sanctuary on the banks of the Tamaki estuary and came across a Blue Heron in the walking though the water. I started taking photos of it reflected in the still morning waters. then the most unusual thing happened the heron exploded. No it didn't blow up literally, but suddenly all its feather were ruffled and it was all out of sorts.

I had to stop and think, as well as thinking I had some great photo's I think I'm often like that Heron, quite and reflective then something small happens and suddenly... boom... maybe its being a diabetic or getting older and more stressed by things. But the experience was a sort of metaphor and a word from God... Peace is one of the fruit of the Holy Spirit as is self control... something I think we are constantly having to grow ripen and mature in our lives...




No comments:

Post a Comment